We are looking into things to bring with us on the plane.
Based on research we’ve done, it all comes down to:
- Things to change their diaper with
- Things for them to eat and drink with and things for them to snack and drink
- Emergency items – extra clothes, medicine, etc.
- Things that can entertain them
In terms of things to entertain… When we traveled with Lena when she was 18 months to Malaysia, we had coloring papers, stickers, books, and magnetic toys. But she is not as active as Logan… so we have to look into other things to keep our active 21 month toddler occupied for 4 1/2 hours…
AND THERE ARE SO MANY SUGGESTIONS!!!
Just PINTEREST itself is a HUGE RESOURCE!
Here are the bucket of things people are recommending to bring on the airplane to entertain a 18+ month old:
- Things to draw and scribble on and with
- Water WOW
- Drawing boards
- Mess free coloring books
- Magnetic Drawing Boards
- Things that will stick to different surfaces – paper, window, boards, etc.
- Gel cling window
- Magnetic toys
- Reusable sticker books
- Things that they can interact or be hands on with
- Quiet books
- Threading toys
- Busy boards
- Buckle toys
- Books they can read
A lot of moms recommended bringing something familiar and something new for the trips.
Now the question is… we are traveling with a budget, how much are we spending on new things vs. something familiar AND how many things are we bringing??!?!
We’ll keep you posted on what we end up getting and bringing soon.
What do you bring when you are traveling with an active toddler? Share your experience with us!